Sunday, March 10, 2013

Why I am vegan

When I was young eating vegetables was not a good idea for me to be honest. Then while growing up to be an adult and at my job as a draftman for an engineer I gain a lot of weight because of the lack of exercise, my metabolism changing and my food choices. I change my job and I enter in the US Army. It was really hard for my cause of my weight. I lost some weight in basic with all the exercise but not enough to perform at my highest. I passed basic and went to my first duty station. Things were good but always struggling with my weight and my PT Test. I deploy and because of normal tendencies I use my exercise time to go lifting weights without changing food choices and I just gain more weigh and my body was not used to the amount gained and I failed the PT Test at the end of the deployment. When I got back I decided to do something I never had done before, changing my diet. I started a vegetarian diet and after just a couple of weeks I saw the difference in weight, level of energy and even my mood. I am 5'5" and went from 175 lb to 155 lb in about a month but got stuck in 155 lb. Well if I'm done with meat lets cut with dairy and eggs for good then. That is the moment when I went vegan and got to my weight of 145 lb that I don't see since I was 14 years old. I felt in my best even passing the PT Test run. 2 miles in 14 min, something I had never done before. Later I even got to max my push ups and sit ups. I really find the livingstyle I was loking for. And I hope to inspire others with these words.

No comments:

Post a Comment